Friday, August 20, 2010

Arriving in Maine

The whole thing of going to Maine is to learn cooking, and the other part of the time I just want to brown in the sun, I think is fair and please don’t blame me for it, and don’t blame me either for eating like a real cerdo, the chef, Daisy Martinez, is just spectacular and the students are really smart.

The first day we had tamales, one of my favorite dishes, first time you make them you feel totally intimidated but then you are off and can’t stop it, I use is as therapy, I call it Tamale therapy, and I recommend it to all out there with trouble hearts and trouble lives, this recipe really takes you off to space and makes you forget a little bit of how selfish the world is, you can never do tamale for two, this recipe is for the whole entire block, your enemy’s will become your friends…..

The Tamales had a company of Cuban dish “Ropa Vieja”(shredded beef) and wrinkled potatoes mmmmm so delicious also we did a Ancho chile mojo that we end up eating it with just everything, and I mean everything…..
That night we went to lentil soup and light salad road, I really appreciate it after feeling like a whale for the 5 tamales that I had, we moved on to the fire on the rocks and cook some Navegado wine, (red wine, cloves, cinnamon stick, sugar and orange rounds) on a pot direct to the fire!
If I can count the times we saw falling stars !!!! I was just happy to feel the whole connectivity among us.

Is 11 and I can’t keep my eyes open
Good nite and stay tuned.

1 comment:

lambermont said...

I love the egg photo.